The Alt+Shift 2016 Summer Institute: Rethink Possibilities conference focuses on how every child can read, write, communicate, and do math.
There are solutions from every discipline for every student who is underachieving, whether he or she has disabilities or not. Rethink Possibilities encourages special and general educators to explore solutions together.
Sessions on literacy, math, communication, and other areas include:
- A Journey Toward Ensuring Mathematical Success for All
- Innovative Formative Assessment or Really Cool Quiz Ideas that Increase Accessibility to High School Mathematics (Algebra 1 and Beyond)
- Reading and Writing for Students with Cognitive Disabilities
- Three Years In: Changing the Communication Environment for Students with Complex Communication Needs
- I Hate to Write! Helping Reluctant Writers Increase Academic Achievement and Improve Behavior
The conference will be June 20-23, 2016, at Hagert Center, Traverse City, MI. The cost is $75 for the full institute or $25 per day. A full list of titles and descriptions, and a link to registration, is available at the event page. Direct questions to email@example.com or
Alt+Shift is an Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Grant Funded Initiative through the Michigan Department of Education, Office of Special Education, and encompasses Michigan’s Integrated Mathematics Initiative (Mi)^2, and the project formerly known as Michigan’s Integrated Technology Supports (MITS).