edWeb.net is offering two free webinars in December to support computer science education.
The first, entitled “Beyond he Hour of Code: Implementation for All,” will be held 8 p.m. EST Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2016, and discusses how to integrate coding into daily instruction. It includes:
- Creating a maker culture in your schools and beyond
- Using computer science for inquiry-based learning and integrating computer science with all subject areas
- What district administration can do to empower teachers to bring computer science into the school day
- How to create coding/robotics electives and after-school clubs
- Where teachers can find curriculum to use year-round
A second webinar, entitled “Now I Have to Teach Coding? A Beginner’s Guide,” will be 4 p.m. EST Thursday, Dec. 8, 2016. Attendees will learn how to teach curriculum computational and design thinking, and how to connect to the language of code to solve problems and create content.
Presenters will share accessible tools, a problem-solving approach, and strategies to inspire and challenge students (and yourself) to approach problems as coders would.
Click on each title for details and to register.