- Signed Stories: Books presented in video format, accompanied by narration and sign language
- Verbal Me Free; Allows nonverbal kids to touch graphic buttons which “speak” for them.
|ViA - By Braille Institute||Tool to find apps built specifically for, or provide functionality to, users with a visual impairment.||Free|
|Dragon Dictation||Easy-to-use voice recognition app.||Free|
|Light Detector||Transforms light into sound.||$2.79|
|Color ID||Use a iPhone or iPod camera to speak the names of colors in real-time.||Free|
|Tap Tap See||Helps identify objects using an iPhone camera.||Free|
|Be My Eyes -- Helping Blind See||Allows sighted person to “see” for a blind person through a live video connection.||Free|
|Talking Calculator||A calculator with large colorful buttons, full VoiceOver support, and the option to use speech for answers, button names, and formulas.||$1.99|
|Voice||Take a picture of anything that has words and Voice will read it to you!||Free|
|Access Note||Official iOS notetaker from American Foundation for the Blind. Designed for VoiceOver users; keyboard commands customized for input with both QWERTY and refreshable braille display keyboards.||Free|
|Visual Brailler||Braiile editor for iPad.||Free|
|Read 2 Me||Allows full speech synthesis for an entire library of texts including your *.txt files.||$2.99|
Eye-Gaze Computer Control
- Umoove.me offers several games that allow you to experience eye movement technology by tracking your head movement so sensitively it approximates eye tracking.
- HeadStart is a driving arcade game for Android, where you use head movement to move your car right and left to avoid oncoming traffic.
- Umoove Flying Experience for iPad and iPhone allows you to fly through a 3D village just by moving your head slightly.
- Zombie Watch is a endless runner game for iPhone and iPad that allows the game to be played by using head movement only. The player maneuvers through the gate openings using head-movement.
- Panther Calculator – Designed with Universal Design for Learning in mind, Panther Paper and Panther Calculator apps allow people with writing disabilities to input mathematical expressions.
Allows you to personalize computer-speech to match your own voice.