Exercise is very important. Studies show that 26 minutes a day of exercise significantly reduces ADHD symptoms. See “Exercise is ADHD Medication.”
- Brain Gym has published several YouTube videos which exercise both sides of the brain.
- Dance Doo Dah fitness workout for kids — 5 minutes of workouts every day, free on YouTube. To see videos for kids showing how to do a variety of dance styles, search for “Dance Doo Dah” on YouTube.com.
- Go Noodle provides hundred of free videos that get kids active.
- Just Dance videos on YouTube show the dances from the popular video game. Here are some popular ones, though you can find many more.
- Interactive Metronome: Using the theory that the underlying problem in ADHD, autism, dyslexia, and other mental disorders is a ‘neural timing deficit,’ IM presents rhythm exercises intended to correct this. The exercises are movement of fingers, arms and feet to a regular beat.